Friday, September 16, 2011

Irish Knit

Since it's 40 degrees this morning...I thought it was quite the appropriate time for this post!

Your distant aunt, Muffy, might be the common link you have with the preppy wardrobe staple, Irish knit sweaters, but I have a couple of inspirations to show you how to pull of the look without a light house by the East Coast "Atlantic Ocean" in the background! 

These sweaters are making quite a dent in the fashion books for this upcoming season and I am all for the look! Here are some looks that are perfect 'transitional' outfits as we make our way into fall. The sweater is absolutely timeless and if you have trouble finding it online, I am sure you'd come across it in a family members closet or antique shopping!!

Even though there are many 'hipster cool' ways to play off the look...I am always up for the wind-swept hair, a down vest, khakis, and bean boots with collection of gold bangles on the wrist, Preppy Handbook anyone?!








This look is totally one that my roommate would sport!

1 comment:

  1. I love this weather. I hope I look this chic in all my sweaters!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...