Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs

Happy Easter Weekend to all of my fabulous Twirling Clare fans!
I am enjoying a lovely break at home with my family this weekend. The weather is beautiful in Cincinnati and I am catching up on a lot of work...as well as making some time for myself on this special weekend. 
We are celebrating my brother Paul's 16th birthday this evening and I smell a chocolate cake in the kitchen. Tomorrow, we are going to mass and having a nice brunch with the family before I pack up and head back to school to finish out the rest of the semester. 
What are your plans for the weekend?

I am sharing a collection of images and "how tos" on egg decorating. We always used to dye easter eggs the night before Easter. We would experiment with different ways to dye them and make ours as unique as we could. Check out some of these neat designs I found via Martha Stewart:

Glittered Easter Eggs



Give little egg hunters a leg up with eggs that lend a shot of rowdy neon to a holiday otherwise characterized by polite pastels.

Easter Eggs with Overlapping Dot Designs


Three overlapping dots stenciled onto eggs beget a batch of new hues. The design pays homage to CMYK printing, which combines cyan, magenta, yellow, and "key" black to yield a spectrum.

Square-Patterned Eggs

Bright colors and geometric designs make modern-looking eggs, like these square-patterned ones.

These Easter eggs are filled with a delicious surprise -- dark chocolate.
Check out the slide show from Martha Stewart HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...