Friday, September 4, 2015

Erin Fitzhugh Gregory

This summer I took a drawing class at the Cincinnati Art Academy. During the eight week course we focused on learning the fundamentals of drawing - shaping, perspective, glass, skeletal, self portraits, etc. There were some sessions I did better in than others, but all in all, I really loved the class. We were a tiny group, three at most, but for the majority of the time, it was just me; you can't beat a private lesson! I decided to take the class on the whim, since I seemed to have more free time over the summer and (let's be real) I don't do much on Friday evenings anyway. The class was more than I could have hoped for and I can confidently say I improved a significant amount throughout the two-month course.
If you want to see one of my pieces from the class, visit my Instagram here. I wasn't able to finish it totally, but I was very pleased with the drawing!
I've always been interested in painting, but felt it was important to start at the very beginning and learn how to draw. I have to continue practicing,  which is always easier said than done; I just have to make the time for it. In addition to working on my drawing, I'd love to be able to take some painting classes in the near future as well! 
Here are some beautiful, impressionist original pieces from a southern artist, Erin Fitzhugh Gregory. You can buy Erin's pieces by reaching out to her via her website or visiting one of her galleries, all located in the southeast. She also has a couple of prints available for order on One Kings Lane. 
Visit her website here.
Have a wonderful [long] weekend and I encourage all of you to try your hand at a creative hobby some time soon :)
















Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...